Has McDonald's Conquered Asia?
- Published on Aug 5, 2017
- Buy us a coffee: patreon.com/kentobento
Other videos you may like:
★ Has KFC Conquered Asia?: ru-clip.com/video/4iYt9eINS8M/video.html
★ These Events Will Happen In Asia Before 2050: ru-clip.com/video/2VAtKVCTA5k/video.html
★ Where Are The Asian Borders?: ru-clip.com/video/vPupwlZlNMY/video.html
★ 10 REASONS Why Asians Don't Get FAT: ru-clip.com/video/xIqJR6xfMro/video.html
★ Why Asians Are 'Cuter' (Scientific Breakdown): ru-clip.com/video/QPrP3Y4SO_E/video.html
MIGHTY MUG WEBSITE: bit.ly/2tjjkzI
*Get the mug that won't fall over! It's UN-SPILLABLE!*
Available Subtitles so far: ENGLISH, MALAY, ALBANIAN, ARABIC, SPANISH, CHINESE, CATALAN, INDONESIAN, PORTUGUESE, VIETNAMESE (click 'CC')
★ Help us with subtitles in your language! ru-clip.com/user/timedtext_video?ref=share&v=pgHiRsk2UjY
► Brandon Maahs: brandonmaahs.com
► A Himitsu: soundcloud.com/a-himitsu
We do videos on intriguing & thought-provoking Asiany topics, including stereotypes, history, culture & geography.
TEAM KENTO BENTO
Kento Bento - director, researcher, script writer, narrator, video editor, motion graphics
Nina Bento - official cheerleader
★★ Interested in working with us? We are currently looking for a general assistant, video editor, motion graphics editor, assistant illustrator, & script editor. Familiarity with our style is crucial. If you're someone who's passionate about 'Asiany' topics, above the age of 22, fluent in English & with great attention to detail (perfectionist personality!), send a short introductory email and examples of your relevant works to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position, age, & your desired start date noted in the email title. (Note: If above conditions are not met, you may not get a response)
► Patreon: www.patreon.com/kentobento
► Twitter: kentobento2015
► Facebook: kentobento2015
► email@example.com (for general enquiries, collaborations & sponsorships)
► firstname.lastname@example.org (for job applications)
HAS MCDONALD'S CONQUERED ASIA?
If McDonald's were a country, it's revenue would make it the 105th largest economy in the world, surpassing the GDP of Estonia, Cambodia & Afghanistan.
The number of McDonald's employees worldwide would be more than the entire population of Iceland, Barbados and Samoa.
It's a big company, but it wasn't always that way.
McDonald's was founded on May 15th, 1940 in San Bernardino, California - that's over 77 years ago - and has since expanded to a 120 countries and territories around the world, serving 68 million customers each day.
It took 27 years for the first McDonald's to appear outside of the US, and 31 years to make it's way to a second continent.
THIS continent was Asia, and in this video I'm going to take you through the next 46 years of McDonald's' Asian ascension.
So, which Asian country was the FIRST to open a McDonald's? What did McDonalds have to sacrifice in order compete with local markets? And how much of Asia is there still left to conquer, as of today?
We'll get into all of that, so grab a double cheeseburger (maybe some fries), and we'll explore every Asian country to have ever had a McDonald's.
Welcome to McAsia.
Some notable McDonald's branches in Asian countries are:
- McDonald's Japan for being the first Asian McDonald's ever.
- McDonald's Singapore for having the oldest McDonald's employee worldwide at 93 years old.
- McDonald's Malaysia for being the first McDonald's in a Muslim-majority country.
- McDonald's Turkey for being the first McDonald's in West Asia (Middle East).
- McDonald's South Korea to be the first to sell alcohol (beer).
- McDonald's Russia for having the largest McDonald's outlet in Asia in Pushkin Square, Moscow.
- McDonald's Israel for having the healthiest McDonald's in the world.
- McDonald's Saudi Arabia for oddly taking out a full page ad in a Saudi national newspaper swearing loyalty to the new crown prince.
- McDonald's India for being the first McDonald's in South Asia, as well as having the first vegetarian McDonald's in the world.
- McDonald's Pakistan for having served the Taliban at one point in time.
- McDonald's Georgia for having the chain's most exquisite outlet.
- McDonald's Iraq for only having ONE McDonald's outlet for the US Army stationed in Baghdad.
- McDonald's Kazakhstan for being the first McDonald's in Central Asia.